Dog Paddling In the Depths of Despair.

It's been more than a year since I retired this blog yet I found myself growing stale and devoid of writing inspiration, therefore being drawn back to my writing roots.  I am praying that my many troubles and roadblocks will result in times of growth and increased wisdom.  And that this dry spell of the heart will also yield a fresh outlook on the things we are facing as a family.  When I bow my head to pray and no words come.  When I feel like I have too many pent up emotions to continue on with my day, but can't shed a tear.  There is no better place for me to turn than to the promises of my Father in Heaven.  

Here are some of my favourite verses that inspire hope and peace in my darkest days:

Matthew 6:25-34
"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
Romans 8:28
"And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them."

Romans 8:38-39
"And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord". 
Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."
Isaiah 40:31
"But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as
eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint".
I know God promises to take care of our needs and desires to make us prosper. Unemployment and weariness have plagued us long enough so I'm waiting with arms wide open for the blessings to pour out onto our family.
Amen

No comments: