30 Days of Gratitude: My Alternative to Resolutions That Won't Be Kept. {Inspirational}


2011 was a year filled with conflict in my life.  Some of the issues were brought on by bad choices made by me, myself, and I.  Other conflicts were external and completely out of my hands.  "Another year over, a new one just begun" so John Lennon said years ago in his song (Happy Christmas/War is Over 1971).  Every battle that ends seems to be met with a new conflict around the corner.  One sort of attitude and habit ~ GRUMBLING ~ causes a lot of conflict.  My life is filled with many blessings yet am painfully aware of the amount of grumbling I inflict on the people around me on a day to day basis.  Since I don't do New Year's Resolutions ~ I decided to start the year with 30 Days of Gratitude. Why? I have heard that it takes 30 days to change a bad habit. My goal is to break through the grumbling and replace it with a heart that turns to gratitude first.
As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. John F. Kennedy
Visit me for the next few weeks.  See what I am grateful for & watch my journey unfold.  Some of my posts will be short, some may be long.  It doesn't imply that I am flippant about one issue over another.  Some blessings are breathtakingly simple and don't need long-winded explanations.  Acknowledging that they exist and that I benefit from them is gift enough.  Feel free to add your own sentiments in the comment forms below each post.






*Image of child & parent praying hands was borrowed from m.inmagine.com.

No comments: