30 Days of Gratitude Finale ~ Weakness VS. Meekness

Well, I did NOT succeed in posting 30 posts inspired by sentiments of gratitude.  I can't beat myself up. Life happens and the whole purpose of this challenge was to make a deliberate look at the things I do have- and to stop grumbling about what I wish I had.  It has been a very tumultuous Month in our life.  A friend that I needed support from was not entirely able to help me as needed in this difficult time. And even went so far as to call me "weak" because I won't charge full-speed ahead with a formal complaint (regarding a inter-personal conflict).  After a month of searching for gratitude, one natural product of that soul-searching is KINDNESS.  KINDNESS has born fruit in my heart once again, it has been absent for too long.

 A grumbling spirit breeds harsh, cold, and indifferent attitudes towards people in need. I need to be KIND to myself  because it changes how I treat the people around me. KINDNESS also knocked the fight out of me, not because I'm weak! Because I am choosing not to fight over things that I can't change - I have recognized that fighting is not solving anything and I'm tired of having the same arguments over and over again. This time I've decided to take a quiet and peaceful stand- working at being excellent and above reproach-while praying for my desires to be met.

Parting advice to my friend that called me weak ~


Psalm 145:19
 He fulfills the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cry and saves them.

Matthew 5:5  Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.

Psalm 37: 4, 7, 11  Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart...Be still in the presence of the LORD, and wait patiently for him to act... Don't worry about evil people who prosper or fret about their wicked schemes.... But the meek will inherit the land and enjoy great peace. 

Ecclesiastes 8:12 Although a wicked man commits a hundred crimes and still lives a long time, I know that it will go better with God-fearing men, who are reverent before God.

1 comment:

GAB said...

I went through a period in my life when I was searching for gratefulness. I found it in the little things, kids laughing, good family and friends, sharing sunsets with my kid, laying on the ground in the summer with my kids neice and newphew picking out and naming the shapes of the clouds, the colours of the season, rainy days, sunny days, having a supportive and loving husband and family. I could go on and on. Looking at all the little things seem mundane but it really put my life in prospective. I know there are time and even weeks were doubt is hard to get over but it is there to teach us our next lesson. My mother always said to me to never regret always learn a lesson so you will not repeat and have to learn the lesson over agian. That has stuck with me throughout my life and has been one of the best lesson that my Mom taught me. Good luck on your search.