30 Days of Gratitude ~ Days 10 & 11 {Inspirational}

Got too busy to post yesterday but have not forgotten about my "30 Days" challenge.  These may seem like random things to be grateful for, but meaningful to me nonetheless.  So here are my two gratitudes for today:


I am grateful for the gift of sight. 

These are a few of my favourite things ~ A beautiful painting, a newborn baby, my daughter's first steps and good morning smile, a treasured book, a loved one you haven't seen or embraced for a year...



I am grateful for forgiveness.

Have you ever had to forgive someone who has commited a sin against you or even a crime?  And you may have thought you've moved on with your life ~ Low and behold the next time you see them the anger or turmoil bubbles up again.  The hardest things to forgive are when the offender doesn't hold any remorse for the hurt they've caused.  Forgiveness is not only about letting the offender get away with their wrong-doings.  It is more a matter of letting go of the wrong-doing so you can truly heal and get on with your life.  
"I believe forgiveness is a choice we make through a decision of our will, motivated by obedience to God and his command to forgive.  The Bible instructs us to forgive as the Lord forgave us."

Colossians 3:13
Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. (NIV)
*Forgiveness Quote taken from About.com

No comments: