30 Days of Gratitude ~ Day 22 "Being Dumped"

Treasured Moment #7 ~ Being Dumped.
There are times when you go through difficult situations and may feel like it will never get better. Once upon a time I was engaged to another man. THANK GOD that relationship ended.  It was a whole-hearted commitment on my part and when the engagement ended I felt like my life had ended too.  At 18 years old I thought I knew it all and that my life was already over because my fiance dumped me.  Silly now when you think about it, time always marches on whether you want it to or not.  Eventually I moved on too.  I've been married to my hubby for nearly 13 years and I KNOW I CAN LIVE WITHOUT HIM.  The difference is ~ I DON'T WANT TO ~ that knowledge makes all the difference really.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

After thought - Knowing you CAN live without someone but choosing to share a lifetime with them is a good foundation for marriage- Being completely dependent on another person to the point of thinking your life will end without them is a bad reason to stay in a relationship. That is more like obsession or co-dependency not love.