Favourite Christmas Songs: "I'll Be Home With Bells On!"

I've had a REALLY hard time getting into the Holiday Spirit this year. It is only December 2 and I'm already running low on Christmas cheer!  So as I painstakingly tried to put up Christmas decorations~though I really wanted to curl up on the couch with my coffee and remote~ I turned on some Christmas tunes to try and jog my memories of  "Jingle Bells" past.

My TOP 10 Christmas Tunes:

Silly~
Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer (Burl Ives)
Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer (Irish Rovers)
Mummers Song (Simani)

Carols~
O Holy Night.
Angels We Have Heard On High.
O Come, O Come, Emmanuel. (Steven Curtis Chapman version)

Pop~
All I Want For Christmas. (Mariah Carey)
Last Christmas. (G. Michael/WHAM)
Baby, It's Cold Outside.(Michael Buble/Anne Murray)
I'll be Home With Bells On. (Dolly Parton/Kenny Rogers)

What songs are on your Christmas list?




I remember feeling as though Christmas was near when this album (yes, I said ALBUM) was put on the record player for the first time each year. The scratchy effects of the needle couldn't squelch the exuberance of Dolly and Kenny's songs. This was the #1 Christmas favourite in my childhood home.





1 comment:

RoryBore said...

Love LOVE that Baby it's Cold Outside song! I can never remember all the words though.