Holiday Season Preparations: From Big Cities To Small Towns, Santa Claus Parades Get us In The Mood.

With Thanksgiving (CAN) and Halloween behind us, comes the excitement and wistful emotions of preparing for the Holiday season.  I have mentioned my lack of belief in Santa from an early age in previous posts.  The ironic thing is, I will still stand on the side of the road in the freezing cold in November and December to watch the Santa Claus Parade. Why? Probably for much the same reason that other people drag themselves out to stand huddled among the masses to catch a glimpse of the bedazzled and glittering floats.  Since the first of November I have been meaning to find out when the Santa Claus Parades in my area are scheduled.  This morning I went on Twitter and was surprised to see Santa has joined the Twitter-verse. I found these tweets in my home feed:


TOSanta Santa Claus Parade "The Santa Claus Parade Is Comin’ To Town shar.es/b8HvH "
16 hours ago

TOSanta Santa Claus Parade "Memories are made at #TheSantaClausParade - tweet your favourite
parade memories with #TOSanta and you just might see them on our website

18 hours ago

I cannot lie, I got a jump of excitement in my belly when I read these tweets. And am already compiling a list of Parade dates and Times, in hopes of seeing at least two of them this Season.

Toronto Santa Claus Parade is November 20 @ 12:30 PM- Visit the website to see the fun interactive features including an iphone app and a place to share your Santa Parade Memories.  Not only can you tweet Santa (as mentioned in one of the tweets above) you can enter to win a seat on his float. Do you know a child between 8 & 10 years old, who would be available on November 14 for a costume fitting in Toronto? See the full terms of entry here, contest ends November 7th.

I haven't been able to get out to the Toronto parade in years, but hope to get there this year.  Christmas decorations are usually making an appearance in our home around that same weekend too.  I want to know...Is the Santa Claus Parade something you and your family look forward to every year?  Does it kick-start your Holiday cheer or cause you to worry that Christmas is just around the corner?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent submit. I'm dealing with several these difficulties.