Get Up To Something Good: My Spotlight On The Rise & Shine Campaign.

Cancer has come into my life a few times-not directly, but I have watched dear ones battle it head on and win. Even if they are taken from me, I cannot say they lost- no one who fights cancer head on is a loser.  For the month of October I have been trying to engage in conversations that raise awareness for this terrible disease that touches so many.  I have been following the Rise and Shine Facebook page all month and enjoyed watching the videos being posted there.



The Rise & Shine Campaign is a non-profit organization sponsored by P&G Brands with a main goal of making the lives of women better.  P&G donated a large sum of money to benefit the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation. Comedians joined the initiative to raise awareness and so a new video was posted each day.  P&G pledged to give $1 for each facebook fan that watched a video, up to a sum of $30,000.

What the Facebook Page has to say:
Procter & Gamble and its participating brands believe in helping women start their day with the confidence that comes from looking their best, while taking pride in supporting a cause they care about. That’s why we’ve increased our commitment to the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation. This year we’re giving $275,000.

In addition, our Facebook fans have helped us raise $30,000. By watching the funny videos, our total contribution will be $305,000.  We’ll continue to post new videos, so please watch and forward to your friends – because a future without breast cancer starts with awareness.  By supporting the participating brands, you’re helping assist in the Foundation’s vision of creating a future without breast cancer. 



For more information on Rise & Shines contribution to The Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation, visit their Facebook Link.

My Cancer Tributes:

October: A Month To Celebrate And Remember.

Parting Advice From My Nan: "The Prettiest Thing You Can Wear For Me Today Is A Smile".

Join The "TELL HER" Movement.
GRACE @Home





*This is not a sponsored post.  It is based on my own experience and opinions.

3 comments:

Kim Croisant said...

New follower here. HOpe you'll FB

http://mommieagainblog.blogspot.com

Sarah Kay said...

Hey, I just hopped over from the weekend hoppers blog hop from Family approve.

I am your newest GFC follower:)

I would love it if you could stop by and follow back and check out my blog (and giveaways) sometime!

Hope your having a great weekend!

Sarah Kay
@ http://magicallifeofmamas.blogspot.com/

Nancy StylenDecorDeals said...

Great post! Raising awareness is sooo important. My girlfriend died 11 years ago from an aggressive breast cancer. She died on her 38th birthday They found the tumor in her 7th month of pregnancy. This was her third child. It was unreal to watch her ordeal. I can remember so vividly our conversation about the little lump under her arm and her doctor told her not to worry about it. Today we would never blow off a lump by the breast and she would have gotten a second opinion.
Thanks again for the post!
I'm happily returning the follow!
nancy