I'M GOING! ShesConnected Conference- Making Connections, and Daring to Dream. #SCCTO


As I sat to put my posts together for this week, I have had a hard time focusing on ONE topic.  Everything I am itching to share seems to have the same amount of importance to me, so it's hard to prioritize.  Really, when it comes down to bare-bones, all my topics for this week can be filed under the one ambition and dream.  The deep desire to make meaningful connections with other people, and to have my voice heard too- Whether that be obtained through a blog hop, conversations on twitter, or in being chosen to attend a special conference.  I have many goals and am working hard to maintain focus in order to move forward in life, business, and otherwise!

What is bouncing around my head this week?
ShesConnected Conference 2011
ShesConnected Conference.
I recently found out about a special network called ShesConnected.  After filling in my information for a free membership, I quickly listed my blogs in their directory.   I wish I had found this network sooner, they offer a chance for brands and "digital women" to connect.  Thanks to twitter, I was alerted to an opportunity to attend the ShesConnected 2011 Conference in September (29,30).  There are no tickets to purchase, but I have filled out an application on the website, telling why I would like to attend.  After applying I participated in twitter convo's under the #SCCTO hashtag and I dared to dream of winning a chance to attend this conference.  Last night while writing this post I received my official invite, and believe it could be a pivotal opportunity to launch even further into the social media paradise.  Besides that, it sounds like a tonne of fun too!

Here are a few blogs I know of that are offering chances to win a ticket.  If I missed anyone feel free to add links in the comment form or email me.

How to Survive Life In The Suburbs.

Listen to Lena.

Mommy Moment.

Mums N Chums.

Oh Baby Magazine.

Teacher Mom of Two.

ShesConnected Twitter Party.
Not able to attend the @SCConference ? RSVP to the @shesconnected Twitter Party. The next party is Thursday August 25 from 8-10 PM.  There are some great sponsors, including Nokia, Jane's Family Food, Life Choices Foods, and more.  RSVP on ShesConnected, follow the hosts and the Brand Sponsors on Twitter too.
@toshibacanada, @NokiaCanada, @molsontonia, @chickenfarmers,@JanesFamilyFd, @LIFECHOICESFOOD, @jamesclarkeca, @MBosc
Can't commit to hooking up with us on August 25th?  A ShesConnected Twitter Party schedule can be found here for future dates.


2 comments:

Kristen said...

What is the conference about? Is it a blogging conference? Congrats on getting an invite!

New follower from the Canadian Hop. I'm following via GFC, Twitter, Facebook & Networked Blogs.
Please check out my blog for links to family friendly giveaways open to the US & Canada.
We even have a $100 Old Navy giveaway going on right now.

http://www.babygiveawaysgalore.com/

Amy said...

Thanks for visiting and following MiMi's Musings and Humble Pie too.

The ShesConnected network is for bloggers, and Canadian Business women too. Members can create personal profiles for their blogs and to make friends. You can also create a professional profile too for business listings. The tagline is "Connecting Brands and Digital Women".

The conference invites are being extended to women who are active in the social media world (twitter, facebook, etc). This will be my first year attending, so not sure what it will be like.