Friendship Friday: World Humanitarian Day. #WHD2011


It is fitting that my 100th post is about something so close to my heart.  Humanitarian efforts around the world rally for the well-being and safety of millions of people.


While roaming Twitter on Thursday I saw this tweet:
____________________________________________________
             
   UNICEF

19 Aug. is World Humanitarian Day - Join the celebration of people helping people - --  
___________________________________________________

I may not be able to travel across the world to help out as a UNICEF Humanitarian, but I do send aid by way of donations and giving voice to the efforts that touch my heart so deeply.  I also challenge myself to be a friend to those in need in my own community too.

Is there someone near you who needs a friend?







Image and quote credits:  August 18, 2011 Tweet extracted from @UNICEF (RE: Humanitarian Day)

No comments: