Am I A Mean Parent? How Many People Would You Invite To A 2nd Birthday Party?

My Princess is turning 2 ! The time has flown by in a blink.  Last year we had a shared birthday party with her cousin (born a few days before my girl).  It was a big party, with lots of hard work and $$$ spent.  This year we are out of town for her birthday, and I haven't planned a party at all.  We did take her to see The Wiggles one month ago, and have bought Wiggles DVD's for our road-trip.  As for actual birthday festivities, we will probably just have cake and balloons with my in-laws.

I'm beginning to doubt my decision to not have a party, and interested in finding out how other parents go about planning their children's parties.  How big do you think children's parties should be? Do you determine the number of children to invite based on your child's age? Am I mean to NOT plan a party this year?









PS. Happy Birthday to me too...My Birthday falls 2 days after Princess Destructo's, she was due on my birthday!

2 comments:

Multi-Testing Mommy said...

I LOVE your photos - SO cute and so nicely displayed!

I'm a new follower from the Canadian Blog hop - so nice to meet you :)

Good Girl Gone Green said...

My daughter is going to be one at the beginning of October. We are moving to Texas before that so we decided to have a "we are moving to Texas for a short while and it happens to be little E's birthday." Only invited our brothers and sisters, parents and our BFFs. We are a big family as it is! We asked for no gifts and just a simple little get together. For me it is about spending time with our family! Don't feel bad and if you don't have a party or only have a small one!

Good luck!