- Dishwasher whirring with yesterday’s dishes, today’s dishes already piling up in the sink,
- A tired baby that got up way too early,
- A tired mommy needs coffee because it’s her “day off” & there is too much to do,
- A tired daddy is off to do data entry “work that a monkey could do” (his words not mine),
- 4 loads of laundry done and put away,
- Floors have been swept but I can’t mop until Princess Destructo goes down for a nap,
- Started my packing list for vacation (next Tuesday we are going away for 2 weeks),
- Insert various meals, meal clean-up, and repeat…
By the time I get to the end of the week I am world-weary and tired! So when Friday rolls around I search for a pick-me-up or encouraging words to post. Friendship Friday is my attempt to get outside of my own head and think of others for a change. Being a friend to someone is one of the best ways to shake off the dregs and boost your morale. In turn you will giving them a boost too. You've heard of paying it forward, but this is how you can change someone's day by paying it backwards:
This morning I dropped my car off to be fixed, and the fantastic Pastor Jordan /picked me up. On the way to the church we stopped at Tim’s for tea and bagel. As we pulled up, someone in front of us had already paid for OURS!! We were amazed and said thanks and just about drove off, at which point we said to each other, ‘let’s pay for the person behind us, start something, we were going to pay anyhow’. Not sure how far it went on, but could you imagine that for hundreds of cars, we weren’t thinking about ourselves, but kept paying it forward... Be different. Go outside the box. Who and how have you blessed someone today! You are the light of the world, salt of the earth!So the next time you are having a crummy day and in a hurry in your favourite drive-thru, pay the coffee order for the person behind you. The curiosity of wondering what their reaction will be, should be enough to distract you out of the ho-hums.
Quote is an excerpt from a group e-mail sent by Pastor John on May 12, 2011.
Laugh for the day: Don't tease your friends.