Versatile Blogger Award

Thanks a bunch to Projectjunkiemama for extending the Versatile Blogger Award to me.  Please visit the link above and see first-hand what drew me to her site.  Hint: She is a fellow neat-nik.

My acceptance speech, Seven Things About Me:

1. I have been married 12 years (April 30, 1999) to my college sweetheart. You'll have to follow my posts to hear more about that.  And we have one daughter who is careening toward the terrible twos at an alarming rate!

2. I have secretly dreamed of being an author since I was in Kindergarten.  My mom tells everyone that I taught myself to read at 3 years old.  And I have rarely been without a book since.  Check out some of my favourite books on the SHELFARI widget at the bottom of the page. 

3. I prefer non-fiction books and stories.  Real-life has a multitude of interesting anecdotes if you take the time to see them.  I love to read about history, anthropology, biographies, human relationships, world issues, and mysteries.

4. I am currently looking for my third career at the ripe 'old' age of 35 years old. I started out as a Pastor, then moved on to become a Preschool Teacher. I chose to be a SAHM after my daughter was born in 2009.

5. I am passionate about many things, which is where I get my inspiration for posts.  Everything from, the issue of HUNGER, CHILD ADVOCACY, and POSTPARTUM issues like DEPRESSION. I try to lighten things up from time to time by sharing the crazy mishaps that tend to find me on a daily basis.

6. My advice: "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the ability to LIVE and ACT inspite of it..."

7. Random bits: I am a clutz...and don't have a driver's license by choice...Give me coffee and everyone will be ok...I love food, cook books & cooking shows...I only got my first cellphone last July...usually when I disappeared I didn't want to be found :)

And now I pay-it-forward and pass this Versatile Blogger Award to:
  1. Mikey; Singlemomdom and the Random Life
  2. Baba's Farm Life
  3. Little Miss Kitty
  4. Malinda Winkle
  5. A Motherhood Experience
  6. Multi-Testing Mom
  7. My Saving Game
  8. Readily A Parent
  9. The Passionate Weight Watcher
  10. One Moment In Time
  11. Words From Dug
  12. The Apel's
  13. How to Survive Life In the Suburb's
  14. Time Out for Mom
  15. One Blondes Ramblings
* Names are in random order.  Congrats to all these fine people who have influenced me in some way.  It was hard to pick only 15!*

Suggestions (I don't like rules :)) for the Versatile Blogger Award:


  • Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post.
  • Tell us seven things about yourself
  • Award fifteen bloggers of your choice

11 comments:

Ashera said...

Congrats for winning the Versatile blogger award. Now a follower Hope you would stop by my blog too

http://www.specialsome1.blogspot.com

ModernMom said...

Thanks so very much! I loved reading more about you...including that you got your first cell when you wanted to go away and not be found? Hmm sounds like there might be a post there!

RoryBore said...

First, congrats to you! And second, a mighty thanks for choose Time out for Mom. It's my very first award! And you know, a girl always remembers her first! LOL
Now the tough part - yes - how do you pick just 15 with so many talented writers to choose from! Will do my best.
Thanks so much again!

Multi-Testing Mommy said...

Thank you so much! I am honoured :) So glad to have met you!

We have a lot in common....I taught Kindergarten, I'm a clutz too and I NEED my coffee every day, multiple times a day most days ;)

uchychy may said...

Congrats on the versatile award you won and thanks for selecting me ,i really appreciate.I really like your blog keep up the good work.

alissa4illustration said...

Congrats on winning. Thank you for liking The Apel's!

Kisma said...

Congrats on the award. I was inspired to check you out by a fellow award winner. So glad I did.

Look forward to future posts!!

Apes said...

YAY! Congrats! I always get excited when I see you've posted a new blog and love the anticipation of the new topic! :) I'm so thrilled that others are enjoying it as much as I am! :)

ne-knopka said...

Thanks so very much!
http://little-miss-kitty.blogspot.com/

MALINDA WINKLE said...

Wow! I feel so honored. I just got in town and what a nice surprise awaited me. I've never gotten an award before. Thank you! Now I have my work cut out for me as a try to choose 15 blogs I admire. Hmmm....

Malinda Winkle
http://malindawinkle.blogspot.com
FREE advice on money topics of all sorts

MALINDA WINKLE said...

Quick note: I just noticed my first name is misspelled. Could you please change it from Melinda to Malinda? Thanks so much again!

MALINDA