1. I have been married 12 years (April 30, 1999) to my college sweetheart. You'll have to follow my posts to hear more about that. And we have one daughter who is careening toward the terrible twos at an alarming rate!
2. I have secretly dreamed of being an author since I was in Kindergarten. My mom tells everyone that I taught myself to read at 3 years old. And I have rarely been without a book since. Check out some of my favourite books on the SHELFARI widget at the bottom of the page.
4. I am currently looking for my third career at the ripe 'old' age of 35 years old. I started out as a Pastor, then moved on to become a Preschool Teacher. I chose to be a SAHM after my daughter was born in 2009.
5. I am passionate about many things, which is where I get my inspiration for posts. Everything from, the issue of HUNGER, CHILD ADVOCACY, and POSTPARTUM issues like DEPRESSION. I try to lighten things up from time to time by sharing the crazy mishaps that tend to find me on a daily basis.
6. My advice: "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the ability to LIVE and ACT inspite of it..."
7. Random bits: I am a clutz...and don't have a driver's license by choice...Give me coffee and everyone will be ok...I love food, cook books & cooking shows...I only got my first cellphone last July...usually when I disappeared I didn't want to be found :)
And now I pay-it-forward and pass this Versatile Blogger Award to:
- Mikey; Singlemomdom and the Random Life
- Baba's Farm Life
- Malinda Winkle
- A Motherhood Experience
- Multi-Testing Mom
- My Saving Game
- Readily A Parent
- The Passionate Weight Watcher
- One Moment In Time
- Words From Dug
- The Apel's
- How to Survive Life In the Suburb's
- Time Out for Mom
- One Blondes Ramblings