Advice from a Home Pigeon

Are you happy the week is almost done?  For me, Friday signals my marathon of working outside of home. (I work in a store on evenings and weekends, so we can avoid child care fees).  The retail world will be busy for sure leading up to Easter week, and the store closures to come.  Inspite of all our busyness, and overloaded schedules I want to rename today "Friend Friday".  I am often awake at odd hours and wish I could call a friend to chat.  I only know TWO people that might possibly be awake at those crazy wee hours of the night.  *wink wink to Apes and Steve-o* As the days fly by, between feeding time at the zoo, cleaning up after meals, playing, chores, and bath time/bedtime, then me rushing off to work after supper.  Phew, I am tired!  I get bummed about not being able to catch up with friends.  I'm sure we've all had a busy week and are tired.  I want to encourage you to reach out to a friend that you haven't talked to in a while.  Check in on them, and share a bit of time unwinding together. 

I am not a super-social person, and would never be labeled a social butterfly.  More like a home-pigeon, hahaha.  There is a childhood friend that I lose contact with from time-to-time, but always wonder how she is doing.  I am going to make an effort to contact two people that have been on my mind for weeks.  I know it would help get rid of that nagging in the back of my brain.  You know, when someone is on your mind, but your day carries you off in another direction?  Then the days turn into weeks and months.  Life is too short to let our relationships slide.  Where would we be without our friends?  At times I have envied people who seem to be surrounded by a large circle of friends.  I probably wouldn't be able to handle that many friends anyway.  Relationships are WORK.  The simple solution is; if I want more friends, then I need to be a friend to someone.




The only way to have a friend is to be one.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

It takes a long time to grow an old friend.

John Leonard


It's the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter.

Marlene Dietrich


Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.

Marcel Proust

Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.

Oprah Winfrey

Quotes courtesy of Brainy Quote



There is still time to enter the:
GRACE and Me: Happy Bloggy-versary Gift-Away
Join the conversation about celebrations and giving. Post a Comment for entry- open until April 27, 2011 /CAN addresses only.

No comments: